The Voice website is operated by Block.one and its affiliates (“Block.one“, “we”, “us” or “our”).
REGISTERING YOUR INTEREST
You can register your interest in getting Voice beta access by submitting the form on this website.
It is not possible to register your interest by any other means – including contacting us directly via phone, email or social media.
By registering your interest, you acknowledge that you may receive email communications from us in relation to the following:
- Confirmation of your registration of interest in getting Voice beta access.
- Information relating to Voice.
- Updates on when Voice is expected to launch in your country.
- Invitations to access Voice beta or register for a Voice account.
- Reminders to access Voice beta or register for a Voice account.
- General marketing updates, only if you opt-in to receive them.
You acknowledge that:
- Registering your interest does not guarantee that you will receive an invitation from us to access Voice beta or register for a Voice account at any time.
- Voice may not be available in your country, or may be available with restrictions or limitations. Geographic restrictions on Voice token eligibility and participation may apply.
- Receiving an invitation does not guarantee that you will successfully complete the sign-up process for accessing Voice beta or getting a Voice account. For example, your identity verification may be unsuccessful.
- You are responsible for ensuring that all of the details you provide are accurate.
- The receipt and use of Voice tokens will be subject to strict limitations and forfeiture in accordance with the Voice platform terms and conditions in effect from time to time. Voice tokens have only the rights, uses and attributes set forth in the applicable Voice terms and conditions, and are not designed as a security, derivative, swap, option or other financial instrument, or any type of investment of speculative instrument. They have been specially designed for the Voice platform and not for any other purpose at this time.
- We reserve the right to exercise full discretion in selecting who will receive an invitation to access Voice beta or register for a Voice account.
Accessing the website
We do not guarantee that access to the website, or any content on it, will always be available or uninterrupted. Access to the website is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of the website. We will not be liable to you if for any reason the website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the website.
How we process your personal data
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
To the extent permitted by law:
- We publish the website “as is” without any warranty of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of the website, the accuracy of the information or the products or services referred to on the website.
- We also exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to the website or any content on it.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with: use of, or inability to use, the website; use of or reliance on any content displayed on the registration website; any individual not receiving an invitation from us to access Voice beta or register for a Voice account; or any individual not successfully completing the sign-up process for accessing Voice beta or a Voice account.
- In particular, we will not be liable for: loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue; business interruption; loss of anticipated savings; loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
Local regulatory restrictions
The website is not directed at any person in any jurisdiction where (by reason of that person’s nationality, residence or otherwise) the publication or availability of the website is prohibited or which would subject us to any registration or other requirement within such jurisdiction or country. We reserve the right to limit access to the website to any person, group of persons, jurisdiction or geographic region. Geographic restrictions on Voice token eligibility and participation may apply.
Intellectual property rights
You may download or copy content on the website only to the extent such download is expressly permitted in writing on the website. No right, title or interest in any downloaded materials or software is transferred to you as a result of any such downloading or copying.
You may not reproduce (except as noted above), publish, transmit, distribute, display, modify, create derivative works from, sell or participate in any sale of or exploit in any way, in whole or in part, any of the content, the website or any related software.
Voice, the Voice token icon, the Voice diffusion gradient and associated logos are our trademarks. Nothing on the website shall be interpreted as granting any license or right to use any image, trademark, trade dress, logo or service mark on the website. Anything transmitted to the website by you may be used by us for any lawful purpose. We reserve all rights with respect to copyright and trademark ownership of all material on the website, and we may enforce such rights to the full extent of the law.
Unless otherwise noted, all content on the website are copyrights, trademarks, trade dress and/or other intellectual property owned, controlled or licensed by us or by third parties who have licensed their materials to us and are protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. The compilation of all the content on the site is our exclusive property and is also protected by U.S. and international copyright laws.
We do not guarantee that the website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for having and configuring your devices, equipment, applications and connectivity in order to access the website. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse the website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the website, the server on which the website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the website. You must not attack the website including, without limitation, via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you could commit a criminal offense under laws relating to dishonest or abusive use of computers or networks, such as the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act or a similar law in any other jurisdiction. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will cooperate with those
authorities by disclosing any relevant information about you, including your identity, to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the website will cease immediately.
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to submit / upload content to the website, you warrant that such use of the website (together with any other use of the website):
- Complies with applicable local, national, and / or international law and regulation.
- Is in no way unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent effect.
- Is not intended to bully, insult, harm, intimidate, or humiliate any person.
- Does not knowingly infringe the intellectual property rights of any person.
- Does not contain advertising or promotional material or any other form of solicitation (spam).
To the extent that any use of the website is in breach of the foregoing, you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any loss we incur as a result of such breach.
Any content you submit to our website will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You hereby grant us a licence to publish such content on the website and / or any other place and / or to distribute and make it available to third parties, as well as use, store, modify and copy that content in our sole discretion in any way we see fit.
We reserve the right to exercise full discretion in selecting what content is and is not published on the website. When you submit content to the website it is for our consideration only and we are under no obligation to provide you with a response or otherwise consider or address any questions or comments you have made.
We are not responsible for the content of any other website from which you have accessed this website or to which you may hyperlink from this website and cannot be held liable for any loss or damage you incur as a result thereof.
Changes to these terms and Voice
We may update and change the website from time to time to reflect changes to our services, our users’ needs and our business priorities.
Please contact us (see below) if you have any questions or complaints in relation to your use of the website or otherwise in relation to the website.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, you agree that we may commence and maintain an action or proceeding seeking injunctive or other equitable relief in any court of competent jurisdiction.
We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
We are not responsible for ensuring the overall performance of Software or any related applications. Any test results or performance figures are indicative and will not reflect performance under all conditions. Software may contain components that are open sourced and subject to their own licenses; you are responsible for ensuring your compliance with those licenses.
We make no representation, warranty, guarantee or undertaking in respect of Software, whether expressed or implied, including but not limited to the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and noninfringement. In no event shall we be liable for any claim, damages or other liability, whether in an action of contract, tort or otherwise, arising from, out of or in connection with the Software or the use or other dealings in the Software.
Material is not made available to any person or entity that is the subject of sanctions administered or enforced by any country or government or otherwise designated on any list of prohibited or restricted parties (including but not limited to the lists maintained by the United Nations Security Council, the U.S. Government, the European Union or its Member States, or other applicable government authority) or organized or resident in a country or territory that is the subject of country-wide or territory-wide sanctions. You represent and warrant that neither you nor any party having a direct or indirect beneficial interest in you or on whose behalf you are acting as agent or nominee is such a person or entity and you will comply with all applicable import, re-import, sanctions, anti-boycott, export, and re-export control laws and regulations. If this is not accurate or you do not agree, then you must immediately cease accessing our Material and delete all copies of Software.
Any person using or offering Software in connection with providing software, goods or services to third parties shall advise such third parties of this Important Notice, including all limitations, restrictions and exclusions of liability.
Any reference in Material to any third party or third-party product, resource or service is not an endorsement or recommendation by Block.one. We are not responsible for, and disclaim any and all responsibility and liability for, your use of or reliance on any of these resources. Third-party resources may be updated, changed or terminated at any time, so information in Material may be out of date or inaccurate.
Please note that in making statements expressing Block.one’s vision, we do not guarantee anything, and all aspects of our vision are subject to change at any time and in all respects at Block.one’s sole discretion, with or without notice. We call these “forward-looking statements”, which includes statements on our website and in other Material, other than statements of historical facts, such as statements regarding Voice’s development, expected performance, and future features, or our business strategy, plans, prospects, developments and objectives. These statements are only predictions and reflect Block.one’s current beliefs and expectations with respect to future events; they are based on assumptions and are subject to risk, uncertainties and change at any time.
We operate in a rapidly changing environment and new risks emerge from time to time. Given these risks and uncertainties, you are cautioned not to rely on these forward-looking statements. Actual results, performance or events may differ materially from what is predicted in the forward-looking statements. Some of the factors that could cause actual results, performance or events to differ materially from the forward-looking statements include, without limitation: technical feasibility and barriers; market trends and volatility; continued availability of capital, financing and personnel; product acceptance; the commercial success of any new products or technologies; competition; existing, new and changing regulation and laws; actions or decisions of government agencies or authorities; and general economic, market or business conditions.
All statements are valid only as of the date of first posting and Block.one is under no obligation to, and expressly disclaims any obligation to, update or alter any statements, whether as a result of new information, subsequent events or otherwise. Nothing in any Material constitutes technological, financial, investment, legal or other advice, either in general or with regard to any particular situation or implementation. Please consult with experts in appropriate areas before implementing or utilizing anything contained in Material.
Date last revised: 4 December 2019